Los Angeles County Slip and Fall Attorneys
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall injuries are very common, and the biggest cause of traumatic brain injuries. Similarly, slip and falls commonly result in broken bones and torn ligaments. At Block LLP, we will not settle for anything less than what you deserve for these types of accidents. Insurance companies and retail stores are notorious for trying to get victims to take much less than the value of these types of claims.
Ability to Get Compensation for a Slip and Fall
Typically, you can sue for these types of injures if someone else is liable. If you slip or fall anywhere where there is a defective or dangerous condition, it is likely that you could receive compensation. Some examples are spills, construction sites, uneven flooring, defective railing, and broken stairs.
Compensation Amount for a Slip and Fall
Compensation can be a lot larger than you think. It is important to contact an attorney immediately after an accident to avoid making any mistakes in receiving the amount you deserve.
You may be entitled for compensation for:
- All medical bills, and future medical costs
- All earnings lost, including future lost earnings
- Out of pocket costs (e.g. childcare)
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other damages that cannot be calculated with an exact number — this amount is decided by the jury, depending on how much you suffered due to the injury
- Wrongful death damages can be rewarded to close relatives in the event of a death due to a slip and fall injury
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Injury
Following a slip and fall injury, you should:
- File a report, if possible
- Document the slip and fall injury, the location, and the defect (if there is one) with photographs or videos
- Keep record of any witnesses’ names and phone numbers
- Look to see if there are cameras in the store — it may be hard to obtain the footage on your own. Your attorney will be able to send a legal letter to preserve the footage.
- Do not talk to the insurance companies, as many times, the calls are recorded and will be used against you
- Always let your attorney talk to the insurance company