Burbank Car Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Claims in Southern California
If you live in the Burbank area, you probably spend a significant amount of time behind the wheel. Driving is a major facet of life in Southern California, and one that we tend to take for granted—until we find ourselves involved in a car crash.
If you or a loved one has recently suffered serious injuries and/or property damage due to a motor vehicle accident, Block LLP can help. Our team of Burbank car accident lawyers possess over a decade of experience fighting for the rights of the wrongfully injured in Southern California and securing the just compensation they deserve. We are prepared to do whatever it takes to obtain the settlement that works best for you, not the insurance companies.
Injured in an auto accident? Schedule your free consultation with our Burbank accident lawyers.
Car Accident Statistics
You probably already know that car accidents happen every day. With over 227,752,000 licensed drivers in the U.S., 83% of whom reportedly drive frequently, collisions are bound to happen.
However, looking at the statistics is quite sobering:
- Over 6 million car accidents occur nationwide annually.
- Unintentional injury is the leading cause of death in the U.S.—most of the deaths that fall into this category are the result of traffic accidents.
- Over 32,000 people are killed and approximately 2 million injured each year due to motor vehicle crashes, according to the CDC.
- That’s about 90 lives lost every single day, the highest death rate among highly-developed nations.
- Seatbelts cut the risk of serious injury by 50% and death by 45%.
What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents?
While there are far too many risk factors to list—among them bad weather, poor road design, and low visibility after dark—the most common cause of car accidents by far is human error. Of all the 6 million-plus auto accidents that occur each year, most of them could be prevented if people simply paid more attention while driving and refrained from reckless decision making.
The leading causes of car crashes in the U.S. are:
- Distracted driving: The number one cause of car accidents is texting while driving; however, other distractions such as eating, grooming, and daydreaming behind the wheel are also dangerous.
- Drunk driving: Though we’ve all probably heard the phrase “Don’t drink and drive” more often than we can count, driving under the influence of alcohol (and drugs) remains a leading cause of car accident injuries and deaths in the United States.
- Speeding: Driving over the speed limit is risky for numerous reasons. At high speeds, it takes much longer to come to a full stop, so accidents are much more difficult to avoid—and often far more deadly when they do occur.
- Reckless driving: Tailgating, switching lanes or turning without signaling, disobeying traffic signs and signals—practices such as this are extremely risky.
- Drowsy driving: Driving while fatigued can have similar effects on your body as drunk driving—reaction times are slowed, and decision making is impaired. It is best not to get behind the wheel at all if you’re tired; if you feel yourself nodding off while driving, pull over and nap or stretch immediately.
In short, the less focused and law-abiding you are while driving, the more you are putting yourself and others in danger. If you see someone else driving erratically, avoid them and notify the authorities as soon as you can.
How Much is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Every car accident case is different, so there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The value of your claim will depend on many factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries and your prognosis
- The costs of any medical and rehabilitative care you incurred
- The value of any wages you missed out on during your recovery
- The value of property damage you have suffered
- The percentage of fault among one or more liable parties
- And more
To get a better idea of what your claim may be worth, we invite you to consult a personal injury attorney at our firm. Our Burbank car accident lawyers have many years of experience and know how to maximize the value of personal injury claims. We will leave no stone unturned in our investigation of your auto accident to help you get the highest payout possible.
Contact Our Burbank Car Accident Attorneys
Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you through this time. We have the experience and knowledge to assist in your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After an Auto Accident
If you have recently been in a car crash, there’s a good chance you are going through a lot and feeling very overwhelmed. Shock, anxiety, and PTSD are common symptoms of the aftermath of a collision and can add discomfort in addition to the pain of your injuries.
Unfortunately, despite all this, you can’t afford to wait to start your claim—the sooner you start putting together evidence, the better your chances of being adequately compensated.
Here are some things to do if you have recently been in an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention if you haven’t already. Not only will a thorough examination help determine your condition and whether you need treatment, but your medical records will also act as valuable evidence for your car accident claim. Also, because of the shock and adrenaline in your system, you may not be able to identify serious internal injuries on your own without a checkup.
- Collect relevant evidence. Anything and everything related to your car crash should be saved together in a safe place, including medical bills, car repair quotes, photos of the crash scene, and correspondence with your insurance company.
- Don’t post about your accident on social media. In fact, until you’ve received legal counsel, it is best not to speak about your accident in detail to anyone—including close family members. However, posting online is especially detrimental to your case because any lawyer or insurance company representing the at-fault driver will try to twist anything you say and do against you to protect their client.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer. Working with an attorney is essential in complex cases, including those where liability is disputed, where serious injury or death has occurred, or in the relatively new area of rideshare accidents. Not only can a lawyer fill you in on your rights and help you decide what to do next, but they can also represent you throughout your claim, which will take the burden off your shoulders and allow you to focus more on your recovery.
Ready to get started? Contact our Burbank car accident lawyers now for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Consultations in Spanish Available
Free Consultations on Injury Cases
Weekends & After-Hours Consultations Available
Will Recover the Maximum Compensation for You
Personalized & Passionate Representation